Before Class Checklist
Get Informed by accessing your Student Homepage:
- Student Self-Service is where you’ll find your personal schedule, grades, enrollment, financial aid, billing, and other helpful information. You can access yours by going to Gateway’s webpage (gateway.kctcs.edu), click on Current Students in the upper left corner, and then choose MyPath on the next screen. You will then see a box labeled Student Self-Service that will take you to your Student Homepage.
- Check your To-Do List by clicking on the Tasks tile from your Student Homepage to see if anything needs your attention. Click on each item to find out what action you need to take.
- Check your Financial Aid status under the Financial Aid tile on your Student Homepage. For questions, contact financial aid by stopping at any Information Commons desk or calling 1-855-3GO-GCTC.
- Check your Bill under the Account Balance tile from the Student Homepage. Payment is due seven calendar days before the semester begins (unless you have financial aid set up). Payment plans are available. For questions, contact the Business Office at email@example.com or 859-442-4174.
Get Your Student ID Card:
- Take a copy of your class schedule to one of the Gateway Information Commons desks no earlier than 10 days before your first class begins. They’ll take your picture and print your ID card FREE of charge.
Check Your Gateway Email:
- Gateway frequently communicates by email. You don’t want to miss any announcements or individual messages from Professors, Advisors, or Financial Aid. Your email will be active 24 hours after you enroll in classes. To access your school email, go to Gateway’s webpage (gateway.kctcs.edu) and click on Current Students, then choose MyPath. You will see a box that says Email. You will need your Username and Password to access your school email.
- To get your school email on your smart phone, start at the Gateway webpage (gateway.kctcs.edu), then click on Current Students. Scroll down until you see “add email to your Android or iPhone” link for detailed instructions.
Get Your Textbooks:
Books can be purchased or ordered at our Bookstore, Information Commons Kiosks, or online
- Bookstore: Boone Campus: 500 Technology Way, Florence, KY 41042, (859) 815-7630
- Take your class schedule and Student ID to Gateway’s bookstore when purchasing books
- Kiosk: Located at every campus Information Commons location. These kiosks will accept Financial Aid, credit card and PayPal.
- Once you place your order, items can be:
- Shipped to your home
- Picked up from the Edgewood Information Commons desk
- Picked up from the Urban Metro Information Commons desk
- Or picked up from the Boone Campus bookstore
- Online: You may purchase textbooks online at kctcs.bncollege.com and choose in store pick up or shipping to your address