We provide customized training to business and industry across all sectors. After workforce development specialists conduct a needs analysis, highly-skilled, professional instructors engage employees in the learning process either on-site or on campus.
Designed for individuals with little or no commercial driving experience. The training course includes everything you will need.
CEU Courses for Professional Licensure
- HVAC (Heating & Air Conditioning) for both KY & OH
- Plumbers for both KY and OH
Microsoft Computer Applications, classroom or online
Industrial & Manufacturing Training
- Mechanical Systems
- Electrical Systems
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
- Basic Blueprint Reading
- ISO/TS 16949
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
- Machine Tool (CMM)
- Total Quality Management
- Six Sigma
Pre- / New-Hire Assessment
- Reasoning Ability
- Numerical Ability
- General Learning Aptitude
- Verbal/Reading Ability
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Personality Profiles
- Occupational & Tasking Ability
Lean for Manufacturing Simulations and Implementation
- ACT Work Keys Job Skills Analysis and DACUM
- Brainstorming and Creative Thinking
- Business Etiquette
- Business Writing
- Change Management
- Achieve Global Training Series
- Activating Change
- Essential Work Skills
- Genuine Leadership
- Needs Based Coaching
- Stellar Service
- Communication Skills
- Conflict Management
- Customer Service Improvement Skills
- DiSC Behavioral Style
- Assessment and Analysis
- Effective Teamwork & Meetings
- Foundational Skill Enhancement
- Harassment Prevention
- Leadership Development
- Operations Management
- Presentation Skills
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Quality Improvement
- Strategic Planning
- Team building
- Train the Trainer
- Kentucky Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning Masters and Journeyman Licenses (HVAC)
- Kentucky Plumbing Code
- SHRM® Learning System Course
We offer many other customized services for your organization. If you don’t see a service listed, contact us at 859-442-1130.
Enhanced Operator is a 16-week training program designed by local employers to satisfy the skill set needed to fill positions at their companies.
Choose your path
- Earn an Enhanced Operator Certificate, a locally recognized industry certificate
- Receive preparation to sit for the Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification exam
- Earn 14 hours of college credit toward the Manufacturing Engineering Technology Associate in Applied Science
- Online learning that works into your schedule
- Convenient lab schedule options
- Complete in about half the time for half the cost
- Hands-on learning
- Portions of the curriculum self-paced
- Opportunities to test out of modules based on knowledge and experience
- Networking with local employers
- Guaranteed interviews with select industry partners
Founding Industry Partners
Total course $2300
Part 1, $1,200
Part 2, $1,200
No additional textbook cost
$195 Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification Exam (optional)
Some employers offer scholarships or tuition reimbursement
Find more information about the program here or contact Paula Barnes
OSHA has promulgated the Final Rule for Powered Industrial Truck Operator Training [29 CFR 1910.178(l)], which became effective March 1, 1999. The standard requires operator training and licensing as well as periodic evaluations of operator performance. The standard also addresses specific training requirements for truck operation, loading, seat belts, overhead protective structures, alarms, and maintenance of industrial trucks. Refresher training is required if the operator is observed operating the truck in an unsafe manner, is involved in an accident or near miss, or is assigned a different type of truck.
Gateway’s training certification covers gas, diesel, electric and propane sit‐down powered industrial trucks. It does not include stand‐up or walk behind lifts.
Cost: $300 per person with a minimum of three and maximum of ten per class. Gateway’s Certified Trainer is available to train and certify your employees at your site.
Contact Brenda Campbell to schedule a training date at 859-442-1121 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Raise the Floor (RTF) addresses a critical need that our region is facing regarding the skills gap relating to the manufacturing industry. The program is dedicated to increasing the pipeline of workers into advanced manufacturing careers as well as increasing the economic vitality of women in the region. It has provided hundreds of educational workshops to the community and utilized tens of thousands of dollars to remove non-academic barriers for participants of the program; all in an effort to shed light on the career opportunities for women available within the manufacturing industry.
In today’s competitive business environment, it’s vital to have a workforce that can keep a company on top. Gateway Community & Technical College specializes in providing training and continuing education for companies and their employees as a means of securing a bright future. It doesn’t matter if you are looking to upgrade skills or take a career to the next level; our role is to help with your transition to college.
The Workforce Transitions program is designed to be a bridge from your company to Gateway. Our Workforce Transitions Coordinator will work with you, one-on-one, to provide information and support about returning to school.
Whether your interest is in a manufacturing or academic program, Workforce Transitions is dedicated to working with employees individually to help them navigate the higher education climate with successful results.
Workforce Transitions will walk you through:
• Choosing a Program
• The Admission Process
• Transferring Previously Earned Credits
• Securing Financial Aid
We also provide:
• Orientation Sessions to Gateway
• Lunch-&-Learn Sessions Conducted at your Company
• COMPASS Assessment “Boot-Camps” to Help Brush up on Developmental Skills
The goal of Workforce Transitions is to make going back to school accessible and easier for everyone involved.