Customized Apprenticeship ProgramsWhile once thought of as an alternative to formal classroom education, apprenticeship programs in Northern Kentucky are combining on-the-job training at the manufacturing company that employs the apprentice, and classroom learning at Gateway Community & Technical College. The apprentice learns the high-tech, in-demand skills specific to their company and is able to begin applying their skills on the job almost immediately.
A customized apprenticeship program is typically longer than most training programs and can range anywhere from 16 weeks to four years. The apprentices are enrolled in regular college classes and will receive credit for the work they complete. Many apprenticeship programs are designed to result in college certificates for the full associate degree.
Sample Program Tracks
While each apprenticeship program is customized to the company's skill needs, here are sample tracks that other NKY manufacturers have developed:
- Assembly Technician
- Electrical/Mechanical Technician
- Industrial Maintenance Technician
- Manufacturing Technician
- Run-off Technician
- No minimum number of apprentices required
- Companies pay the standard college tuition rate
- Choose only the classes that teach the skills you need
- Dedicated Gateway Apprenticeship Coordinator to help design and deliver your program
- May be eligible for state funding
For questions, or to start your own apprenticeship program, contact Dee Wright, firstname.lastname@example.org.