Gateway Scholarship Application Deadline Is April 1Looking for an interest-free method to help you pay for college tuition, books and fees? Scholarships are the answer.
Gateway Community and Technical College offers 24 categories of scholarships, and theres still time to apply for 2012-13 academic year. April 1 is the submission deadline. As long as the application is submitted by then, required essays and letters of recommendation can be turned in until May 11.
Gateway has scholarships geared toward single parents, minorities, top-performing students, and average students. There are scholarships for students interested in specific disciplines such as advanced manufacturing, electrical technology, computer-assisted drafting and design, education, nursing and allied health. Gateway also has tuition-assistance funds available for low-income students interested in certain allied health careers.
Heres how to apply:
1. Complete a scholarship application at www.gateway.kctcs.edu. Click Financial Aid; then Scholarships.
2. Explain why you believe you should receive a scholarship. Discuss your education and career plans. Please include your personal situation children/ family, financial income, work situation, etc.
3. You can apply for more than one scholarship, but review each scholarship carefully. Some require separate applications and written statements.
4. Provide two letters of recommendation from non-relatives.
5. Provide the Scholarship Application, Typed Statement, letters of recommendation (and other requirements for those scholarships requesting extra steps) to the Financial Aid Office no later than April 1, 2012. Applications postmarked by April 1, 2012 will be accepted.