Gateway offers Enhanced Operator Program for Advanced Manufacturing
Gateway Community and Technical College begins new Enhanced Operator classes Aug. 9 at the Boone Campus in Florence for incumbent workers or those interested in a career in advanced manufacturing.
According to the Northern Kentucky Industrial Park Association, there will be over 2,600 openings for manufacturing technicians in Northern Kentucky over the next 10 years.
The Enhanced Operator Program is an innovative collaboration between Gateway and its manufacturing partners to design a competency-based curriculum that is industry aligned, driven by employer needs and relevant to the workforce for which it is created. Many employers will pay costs associated with this program, and scholarship funds are available.
Benefits of the Enhanced Operator Program include:
- Online learning that works into your schedule
- Convenient lab schedule options
- Completion in about half the time for half the cost of a traditional program
- Hands-on learning
- Portions of the curriculum self-paced
- Opportunities to test out of modules based on knowledge and experience
- Preparation to sit for the Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification exam
- Networking with local employers
- Guaranteed interviews with select industry partners