Free Tuition Spring 2022 Application
FREE TUITION FOR FIRST-TIME STUDENTS
Interested students must:
- Fill out an application for admission at Gateway and have a complete admissions file.
- Complete a 2021-2022 FAFSA and have a complete financial aid file (you don't have to be eligible for aid) by Dec. 17 at 5 p.m.
- If you live in Kentucky, apply for the Work Ready Kentucky Scholarship (not required if pursuing an Associate in Arts or Associate in Science degree) by Dec. 17 at 5 p.m.
- Meet with an advisor and enroll in at least six Gateway credit hours. Original deadline has been extended to Dec. 17, 2021 at 3 p.m.*
- Apply for your free semester of tuition. Original deadline has been extended to Dec. 10, 2021 at 5 p.m.*
- Take your free spring semester classes.
- Be on your way to a Better Life.
*Applications received after the original deadline, Nov. 15, and Advising appointments after the original deadline, Nov. 29, will be considered on a first-come, first-serve basis, contingent upon availability of funds.
Hello! Thanks for your interest in Gateway. Unfortunately, the deadline for this scholarship has passed - but we have other scholarship opportunities.
- First time Gateway/KCTCS student or have been gone for over a year.
- Complete a 2021-2022 FAFSA application (you don't need to be eligible for aid) prior to applying for the scholarship by Dec. 17 at 5 p.m.
- If you are a Kentucky resident, complete the Work Ready Kentucky Scholarship Application (not required if pursuing an Associate in Arts or Associate in Science degree) prior to applying for the scholarship by Dec. 17 at 5 p.m. You do not need to enroll in a Work Ready eligible program to be eligible for this scholarship.
- Be enrolled as a credential-seeking student, taking courses toward earning a college credential. Only courses required in declared credential-seeking program are eligible for free tuition.
- Apply for free tuition scholarship by November 15, 2021. Applications received after Nov. 15 will be considered on a first-come, first-serve basis, contingent upon availability of funds. Firm deadline for applications is December 10, 2021 at 5 p.m.
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of six Gateway credit hours at the time award is made and have Gateway listed as home campus.
- Must be enrolled in classes by November 29, 2021. Advising appointments after Nov. 29 will be considered on a first-come, first-serve basis, contingent upon availability of funds. Firm deadline for advising appointments is December 17, 2021 at 3 p.m.
This is a “last-dollar in” tuition only scholarship, meaning after all other financial aid or third-party payments (excluding student loans) are applied, the scholarship will cover the remaining tuition balance. Funding is limited and will be awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Courses must be offered by Gateway - tuition for courses offered by other KCTCS colleges will not be covered.
Previous Gateway or KCTCS students must meet Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements.
Exclusions: Other KCTCS college students, visiting students and current high school students are ineligible.