Student Employment

We offer multiple programs for student employment for students that qualify for each program.

Federal Work-Study

The Federal Work-Study program provides funds to students with a financial need; funds are earned through part-time employment. Under the FWS program, you can earn money for your education by working part-time, on-campus, while you are enrolled in school at least half-time (6 hours) and have unmet need. You will also need to make sure you have a valid FAFSA on file for current Award Year.

Your total FWS award depends on:

  • when you apply
  • your level of financial need
  • your school's funding level
  • a supervisor's willingness to hire you

Ready To Work and Work and Learn

The Ready To Work and Work and Learn Programs assist students that receive a Kentucky Transitional Assistance Program Grant (KTAP). In addition to life skills and career counseling, the program offers work-study opportunities to assist students with meeting their KTAP requirements of the Kentucky Works Program (KWP).