Quick Reference Guide
(Note: Some people contact the Transfer Services when they are planning to transfer *to* Gateway from another school. These individuals should be referred to Admissions.)
Tier One Service Topics:
- Brochures available from the Transfer Services. Applications can be downloaded from the Transfer Services web page, which has information about eligibility, etc.
- For both Gateway2NKU and Gateway2TMC – students must be enrolled at Gateway in a minimum of six credit hours and be in good academic & financial standing to be eligible. Students must select an academic pathway.
- GC3 allows students to take classes at the Gateway rate at any Cincinnati-area college. Students must be enrolled in at least six hours at Gateway and be in good financial standing. More information at http://www.gccollegiateconnection.org/
- Student can pick up a GC3 application at the Registrar’s Office on the Edgewood Campus. The student should have identified the class section at the external institution that they want to enroll in before picking up an application.
- All non-developmental courses will transfer.
- To transfer Gateway credits (including students who were at Gateway as visiting students) – student requests an official copy of their transcript be sent from the registrar’s office to the institution of their choice.
- For specific information about how the credits will transfer – either refer to the receiving institution’s transfer page (for instance: transfer.nku.edu) or escalate to Tier 2.
- Students who are enrolled at another college who want to take a class at Gateway (this is usually students at four-year schools who are home for the summer) complete a Visiting/Transient Student Form and a Gateway application.
- When their course is complete at Gateway, they will need to request an official Gateway transcript be sent to their home institution.
- Course equivalencies, scholarships, prerequisites, application requirements, contact information and transfer major destinations – these will require actually looking up information on the various websites.
- Anything transfer-related that can’t be answered with the above.
- Additional information on any of the above topics.