Quick Reference Guide
The library of Gateway Community & Technical College is a hybrid institution that combines on-campus, core reference materials with electronic resources. Combined with our partner library, the Kenton County Public Library, the Gateway community has hundreds of thousands of print and electronic resources readily available.
Tier One Service Topics:
Gateway Library website contains information and resources regarding accessing research databases, program specific lists, access live CHAT feature and partner library’s information.
From library website click SEARCH and SEARCH ALL EBSCO databases. If customer needs assistance with the searching the databases, the issue should be escalated to Tier 2.
From Gateway library website, click SEARCH and KCPL catalog. To place an item on hold at KCPL customers need their library card information and can choose “storage” as the location and we will deliver item(s) to campus of their choice.
Faculty often place resource items on hold within the Information Commons. These materials are located in the locked cabinets of the IC help desk. Students may use these while in the commons area and must leave their student ID card within the IC help desk, place the ID card on the shelf that the material was retrieved from. This cabinet remains locked at all times. The cabinet key is available in the Commons Help Desk drawer.
- Refer student to NKU’s Steely Library to settle account (859) 572-5457 or email email@example.com. *for privacy reasons, NKU cannot release details about student’s account to us beyond telling us whether there is a balance, student must deal directly with NKU.
- Once student’s account is settled, NKU staff will email or call Robin Wright to inform her the account has a zero balance. The hold is usually removed within 24 hours.
Troubleshooting: If for some reason a student says they settled the account but the hold is still present – you may need to verify by calling Steely directly at 859.572.5457. If account is zero then email Robin Wright with student’s name and ID # to let her know the hold may be removed.
- In-depth research help (plagiarism/citations/MLA-APA formatting, database tools)
- Additional assistance accessing material or utilizing services from partner library (KCPL)
- Providing Information Literacy Instruction (formal-classroom and informal one-on-one)