Quick Reference Guide
Gateway Advising model uses Professional and Faculty advisors. All credential seeking students are assigned an academic advisor. Students can view their assigned academic advisor in their Student Self-Service account and their Starfish account.
Tier One Service Topics:
Admissions Process Complete
- Application Completed
- All transcripts submitted
- ACT, SAT or any other acceptable assessment scores submitted
SMART Orientation Completed
- Activate Student Account
- Complete SMART Orientation (online) in Student's Blackboard account
SMART Professional Advising
- Schedule initial SMART Advising appointment by calling 859-442-1630
Assigned Academic Advisor
- Assigned to a Professional Advisor for first semester
- Transition to Faculty Advising in the second semester
Are you a first time Gateway student?
- Are you currently enrolled here at Gateway?
- Assist the student to contact their advisor through Starfish.
- Are you here for your first advising appointment?
- Contact Betty Milburn or any professional advisor through IM.
- Currently enrolled students requesting assistance from their assigned academic advisor are encouraged to log into their Starfish Account to set an advising appointment. Use the computers in the commons area to facilitate this. Log into Blackboard > Starfish > Success Network. Advisors appointment availability is located under their name.
- New students enrolling for the first time should call the Advising Department 859-442-1630 to schedule the initial Professional SMART Advising Appointment.
ADV holds placed on accounts for the first two terms of enrollment at Gateway. Holds can be removed by their assigned academic advisor.
- A student does not have an assigned academic advisor skype Advising Group or Betty Milburn for assistance.
- A student has No, Advisor assigned to their account, please check to see if the student has had a break in enrollment. The student may need to update their application to the college before scheduling an advising appointment. SKYPE Betty Milburn for assistance.
- Reapply by logging into student self-service, scroll to bottom of the student’s home page for the Update Application link.
- Student wants to register a complaint about their advisor, complete a complaint escalation ticket.