Quick Reference Guide
Tier one service items:
Please call 859-442-1166. If there is no answer, leave a message with a phone number and all calls will be returned.
Orientations for Kenton County Adult Education are held every Thursday (with the exception of holidays) at 9:30 am. The location is UMC 525 Scott Blvd. Covington, KY. 3rd floor, room 310. Please arrive 15 minutes early. For information on adult education in other counties call the numbers listed below under “Where are the programs located”
Adult Education can work with students 18 and older.
Adult Ed. Services are offered free of charge. The only cost associated with the GED program is the official GED test.
There is no “average” time. The GED schedule is individualized and based on a series of assessments that are given to the student. The assessments will give the instructors a starting point. Based on the needs of the student will determine the classes they will be placed in.
- Kenton County-525 Scott Blvd. (Gateway) Covington, KY 41011-859-442-1166
- Boone County-500 Technology Way (Gateway) Florence, KY (859) 442-1695. http://boonecountyged.org
- Grant County-2020 Taft Highway Dry Ridge, KY 859-823-1341 http://grantged.com
- Owen County- 1600 HWY 22 East Owenton, KY 502-484-3934 http://www.owen.kyschools.us/ (then click on “Adult Education”)
- Ask which state did they obtain the GED * Kentucky-Direct them to kyae.ky.gov. The student will scroll almost to the bottom of the page and click on “Request a replacement of your GED transcript or diploma” This is the ONLY way to obtain the replacement and the student MUST have a credit or debit card. The cost is $10.00
- Ohio-Direct the student to www.ged.com . The student will need to create an account if they have not done so already. This is the ONLY way to obtain the replacement and the student MUST have a credit or debit card. The cost is $10.00 * Indiana- Direct student to https://diplomasender.com/ The student will need to create an account if they have not done so already. This is the ONLY way to obtain the replacement and the student MUST have a credit or debit card. The cost is $15.00
- Boone County-500 Technology Way (Gateway) Assessment Center Florence, KY (859) 442-1159.
- Campbell County Adult Learning Center 30 West 8th St. Newport, KY 859-292-3056
Can I just walk in and take the GED test?
I live in Ohio. Can I take advantage of your services? Can I do my GED here?
What other services does Adult Education Provide?
What is the Adult Education process/how does this work?
Who do I talk to about the new law? (Students must be 18 and up, became effective 7/1/2015)
I haven’t been here in a while, what do needs to be done get back into the program?
How long are my scores valid?