Our college offers associate degrees, diplomas, and certificates in more than 30 academic programs. With locations in Covington, Edgewood, and Florence, we can fit your schedule and meet your needs. You can begin at Gateway, and you can go anywhere! Tier One Service Topics:
Start here with one of our cutting-edge, career-focused programs or work toward transferring to one of Kentucky's public four-year colleges. Either way, you'll graduate with the knowledge and skills you need for whatever journey you choose.
- Apply online gateway.kctcs.edu (Take student to IC computer to apply)
- Submit *official high school transcript or GED score sheet
- GTW staff must make a copy of the original GED scores sheet that student submits to the college. GTW staff initials and dates the copy of GED.
- Students requesting a copy of their GED should access the website of state where the GED was awarded. Student must present GTW with original GED or an access code provided to student from state website. GTW can access original GED information from the state website using the access code issued to student from the state website. Skype Admissions staff for assistance with this process.
- Submit *official transcripts from ALL previously attended college(s)
- If no previous college experience test scores are required [ACT, SAT, KYOTE] Student must request these scores to be sent to Gateway from ACT.org, SAT.org, etc. If student has no test scores, they can take the EdReady test.
Student can reapply online through their student self-service, bottom portion of their Student self-service page.
- ADM holds - view the details of their hold on PS Student Information page within PeopleSoft
- Read the details of the hold to student
- Escalate if necessary (escalate a ticket here)
- Apply to the college (online at gateway.kctcs.edu). Select Visiting/Non-Credential seeking as the program of choice.
- Visiting student application and Non-Credential student application. Details regarding the processes on the application. Hard copies in IC desk file drawer. Enrollment into classes is handled by the registrar's office. If the forms are turned into an IC desk, please send to Registar Office, GTWED.
If questions are becoming too program specific (how long will it take, Where is this program housed, What does this cost, is this a daytime program? etc.) Escalate to Tier Two via SKYPE for Business.
Duplicate ID number, or ID# and name do not match up. Escalate to Tier 2 of admission staff on your campus.
Student is charged out of state tuition and is local resident, Escalate to Tier 2.
*Official means with a date of graduation (for HS) in a sealed envelope or submitted electronically (not emailed or faxed). DO NOT OPEN ANY SEALED ENVELOPES. Escalate to Tier Two admissions staff via SKYPE for Business.