Welcome to Gateway2TMC!
The Gateway2TMC program is a dual enrollment partnership between Gateway Community & Technical College and Thomas More College -- the first public/private dual enrollment partnership in Kentucky! The program is designed for Gateway students who intend to complete an associate degree at Gateway and then transfer to TMC for a bachelors degree. Students may also take classes towards Thomas More's general education requirements and then earn their Gateway credential through reverse transfer.
More information about the program can be found here.
There are many benefits to the program:
- Gateway2TMC Students are eligible to take up to 12 credit hours (four courses) of major and pre-major coursework at Thomas More through the Greater Cincinnati Consortium while pursuing their associate degree at Gateway. Students pay Gateway's tuition rate for those TMC classes.
- Gateway2TMC Students will be assigned a transfer advisor to assist with registration and provide personalized academic advising before transferring.
- Gateway2TMC Students receive priority registration at Thomas More when enrolling in their TMC classes after transferring.
- Gateway2TMC Students can apply to live in TMC residence halls, park on TMC's campus, attend sporting events and other student activities for free, participate in intramurals and Greek life, and access student health services. (There are fees for some services.)
- Gateway2TMC Students application and transcript fees are waived at the time of transfer application. Students will be admitted to Thomas More with Junior standing if they complete their associate degree.
A student will notify the Transfer Services at Gateway when they apply to graduate. A transcript will be sent at no cost from Gateway to TMC for admissions processing. A student will need to request a final transcript from Gateway once they receive their final grades from Gateway.
For questions about enrolling in the program, contact the Gateway Transfer Services at email@example.com or 859-815-7681. For information about Thomas More classes and advising, contact Ashley Warning at 859-344-3517 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
A student in the Gateway2TMC program must be enrolled at least part-time (6 hours) each semester at Gateway (summers excluded) and remain in good academic standing which means maintaining a minimum 2.0 GPA. A student whose GPA is below 2.0 for two consecutive semesters will be removed from the program. A student can appeal for reinstatement once their GPA rises above a 2.0. Students also must select one of the Academic Pathways to a bachelors degree or declare the "general education" option.
Applications are available in the Gateway Transfer Services. A student completes the application and returns it to the Gateway Transfer Services. Once a students application is verified, Thomas More will send the student information about orientation, advising, services, etc.Deadlines for benefits eligibility at TMC:
- Fall Semester eligibility: application due by August 1.
- Spring Semester eligibility: application due by December 1.
- Summer term eligibility: application due by May 1.
There is no cost to apply or participate in the program. Some services at Thomas More, such as student health and parking, require an additional fee.
Students will have access to their regular Gateway academic advisor as normal. A Thomas More advisor will be assigned to the student.
Students must have contact with their TMC advisor before they register for a course. A Gateway2TMC student is eligible to take their first course at TMC after earning 15 credit hours at Gateway. The student is eligible to take a second class after earning 30 credit hours and up to two more after earning 45 credit hours. Students will follow the cross-registration process outlined by the GCCCU.
A Gateway2TMC student will complete a GCCCU cross-registration form and a financial aid consortium form (if a student is receiving financial aid). The courses will be billed through the student's normal process at Gateway.
Yes, courses may be taken through the Greater Cincinnati Consortium of Colleges and Universities however, students taking classes solely through the Consortium will not be able to access Thomas More student services.
Students must request an official copy of their Thomas More transcript be sent to the registrar's office at Gateway to receive credit for their TMC courses. There is a $5 fee for an official transcript. Information is available here.