Congratulations--your hard work has paid off and it is now time to celebrate! Below you will find more information about Gateway's Graduation Ceremony.
- Spring Semester:
- The last day to submit a graduation application for the
- Spring graduates will be awarded at around the end of May and Spring credentials be available in mid-July.
- Summer Semester:
- The last day to submit a graduation application for the .
- Summer graduates will be awarded at end of August and Summer credentials be available in mid-October.
- FALL 2018:
- The last day to submit an application for .
- Fall graduates will be officially awarded around the end of December/early January.
- Credentials will be available at the beginning of March.
Applying for Graduation:
- The first step for graduating is to schedule an appointment with your advisor to complete the Gateway graduation application. (link to app)
What happens after I apply?
- Once your application is received, the Records Office staff will review all documentation. You will be notified by email if there are any issues with the status of your graduation. Graduation applications are finalized after grades are posted at the end of the semester.
- Students will receive notification that their credential is ready for pick up. If a student opts out of credential pick up, their credentials will be mailed within 10-12 weeks from the end of the semester. Make sure your home address is up to date.
Your official credentials will not be handed out at the ceremony, but will be given to you at a later date. Credential Pick up is avaiolable each semester on Gateway’s campuses. Watch your emails for details. If you choose not to pick up your credential, it will be mailed 10-12 weeks after the semester ends. Gateway is not responsible for undeliverable, lost or damaged credentials thathave been mailed. If you move, make sure to contact the Record's Office to update your address in a timely manner.
Gateway’s 2019 graduation ceremony will be held on Thursday, May 16 at the BB&T Arena on Northern Kentucky’s Campus, Highland Heights Kentucky. Eligible participants will receive communications from the college regarding the ceremony in the months ahead.
Sign up to participate in graduation ????
Cap and Gown:
You may purchase your cap and gown at either of the colleges bookstores up until the day of graduation. Please contact the College's Bookstorefor more information.
Graduation with Honors
Students who have completed at least 45 credit hours of work toward degree completion
or 30 credit hours of work toward diploma completion in the KCTCS colleges shall be
graduated “With High Distinction” if they attain a grade-point average of 3.60 or
higher on all work attempted.
Students who have completed at least 45 credit hours of work toward degree completion or 30 credit hours of work toward diploma completion in the KCTCS colleges shall be graduated “With Distinction” if they attain a GPA of 3.40-3.59 on all work attempted.
GradImages® will be photographing all graduates at Commencement. You should receive an email after the event with a link to view your photos. For more information please visit http://www.gradimages.com/ or call 1-800-261-2576.