Work and Learn
The Work and Learn Program serves low-income student parents who are working toward or interested in working toward their GED or high school/GED graduates who would like to brush up on basic skills before entering college. Students in this program receive individualized services that help support their family/school/work balance including counseling, advising, and career development. Our main goal is to support and encourage students from enrollment to graduation.
Paid work study positions available
Work and Learn can provide students with employment at $7.25 per hour working up to 20/30 hours per week and will not reduce your K-TAP income. The Work and Learn program also assists with referrals to community resources, plans that meet KTAP requirements, & job readiness training.
When you become a Work and Learn participant, we help you:
- Assess career goals and options
- Complete the Department of Community Based Services Verification forms (enrollment, employment, housing, income, etc.)
- Transition into college (enrollment and financial aid processes)
- Meet and network with peers
- Student success workshops
We can work with your K-TAP case manager to access:
- Funds to pay for GED testing and a $250.00 graduation bonus
- Childcare and transportation
- Car repair funds
- Interview attire
The program is a collaboration between the Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS) and the Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services.
For more information, contact:
Urban Metro Campus - TIE
516 Madison Ave.
Covington, KY 41011
Edgewood Campus – Student Services Center
790 Thomas More Parkway
Edgewood, KY 41017