Military & Veterans
JOIN OUR MILITARY-FRIENDLY COMMUNITY
We welcome military service members, veterans and their families. Here’s how to apply to Gateway and start building a better future.
Earn a degree, diploma or certificate on campus or online, or prepare for a job in one of our Go to Work programs. We offer flexibility and support services to help you reach your goals while serving your country or after you’ve retired from active duty.
How to Apply
The application process is quick and simple, and we’re here to help. Just follow these easy steps:
- Submit your application for admission. Which application you use depends on your benefits:
- Send us transcripts from high school and any colleges you’ve attended.
Submit required test scores to the Admission Office located at the Edgewood Campus:
- ACT, SAT, KYOTE or TABE A
- Gateway offers placement tests if you do not have ACT, SAT, KYOTE or TABE A scores. Schedule a test by calling (859) 442-4115
- Students with transferable credits may be exempt based upon transcript evaluation
- Explore financial aid. Federal financial aid is available for members of all branches of the military.
We also offers scholarships, grants and loans to make a great education even more affordable.
If you’re planning to enlist in the Army, you may be eligible for the Concurrent Admissions Program (ConAP), a program designed to help you apply to college and access your benefits. Be sure to select KCTCS as your home college when you enlist.
Questions? Contact us. We’re here for you, every step of the way.
If you are receiving veterans or survivor benefits through the VA or the State of KY, click here to send the request to Gateway's VA School Certifying Official