CSO Student Guide
New Users -
Registration: If you are not a current user, click on “Click here to Register!” and follow the directions on that page.
- Click on the “Click here to Register!” link.
- Complete all sections and click on the Register button. Required (*) fields are marked with an asterisk.
- Click on the Submit Profile button.
NOTE: Once you have submitted your profile, your account will be in pending status. An administrator will review your profile. If your registration is approved, you will receive an email notification. If you do not receive your email notification within 48 hours, please contact our office at (859) 442-1609.
Log into system using your Username and Password Update your profile
- Put your cursor over My Account and select My Profile.
- You will see sections containing Personal Information, Demographic Information, Skills, and Additional Information.
- Each section will have an [Edit] link. Click on this link or on the tabs at the top of your profile to edit fields within the section.
- Carefully go through each section and complete all of the fields making sure to click on the Save button. Required fields are marked with an asterisk (*).
NOTE: The more detailed you fill out your profile, the better we will be able to assist you.
Upload your documents
- Put your cursor over My Account and select My Documents.
- Click on the [Upload File] link.
- Click the Browse button to find your document.
- Select the correct document and name it.
- Click the Upload button.
NOTE: When uploading more than one document, make sure your most generic resume is your default. Your default resume is the document that employers can view when accessing our system.
Searching for Jobs, Internships and Co-ops
- Put your cursor over Jobs and select Job Listings.
- Fill in the search criteria to narrow down your job search OR just click the Search button (without entering any search criteria) to view all current jobs.
- Click on the Job ID to see the specifics of the position and how to apply.
- You can save jobs to your favorites by clicking on the Add to Favorites button in the job profile.
- You can also save jobs by clicking the grey star icon next to the job record in the search results.
- Click on My Favorites on the left navigation bar to see your favorite jobs. A yellow star will be displayed next to jobs you have saved, and a green star will appear next to jobs that you have saved and have submitted your resume to.
NOTE: You can email job records by clicking on the Email to a Friend icon in the job profile.