Starfish Retention Tool
Gateway Community and Technical College believes every student counts. We want students to succeed. Starfish Retention Solutions is the tool that helps Gateway make a difference in our students' lives.
Referral: a "heads up" to you and someone in support services who might be able to help. Referrals can be made to tutoring, financial aid, advising and non-academic issues.
Flag: a "heads up" to you and your academic advisor regarding an academic concern that you are having in one of your classes.
Kudos: a recognition for a job well done!
Success Network: a customized and easy to find listing of your current instructors, assigned advisor and college support staff.
How do I Access Starfish?
In order to access Starfish, sign into Blackboard, then click on the Starfish link on the left side.
Customize Your Student Profile in StarfishHelp your instructors and advisors put "a face to a name" by uploading your photo. Click on "Profile", then select the "Upload Photo" link, browse for a photo on your desktop (JPEG, GIF, PNG) and click the Upload Now button. You can also complete your personal bio.
Schedule Appointments Online through Starfish
- Locate the individual you would like to meet with in your Success Network.
- Choose the available time that fits your schedule by clicking 'Sign Up'.
- Choose your appointment type and write a short description, then click 'Submit'.
- You can see your upcoming appointments from the Starfish 'Home' screen.
- Finally, you can edit or cancel your appointment using the 'Calendar Tool' button.
Need Assistance? Contact Your Academic Advisor
Not sure who your academic advisor is? Sign into Student Self-Service to access your Student Center, locate your advisor's name and contact information on the right side of the screen.