The Gateway Community and Technical College Foundation was founded shortly after the College was formed in 2001. Its mission is to raise funds and awareness for Gateway.
The Foundation is governed by a Board comprised of almost two dozen community leaders. Members attend a quarterly Board meeting and may serve on one of five committees: Annual Fund, Development, Finance, Investment and Nominating. Their contacts and understanding of the community and government have been crucial to the advancement of the College. Together, they have facilitated several important initiatives for Gateway:
• Committed to raising $5 million in private support for the college, primarily for the new Urban Campus in downtown Covington
• Purchased several buildings in order to launch the Urban Campus
• Purchased a building, the former Park Hills Elementary School, for additional classroom space
• Sponsor the annual Night of Excellence awards convocation
• Provide partial scholarships for academically gifted students to join Phi Theta Kappa, the community college honor society
• Oversee the College’s first-ever capital campaign
• Host RiverBlast, an annual fundraiser at the Newport Aquarium with the area’s finest view of the annual Riverfest Labor Day weekend fireworks
• Provide financial support for the College President and his staff to attend community gatherings and make purchases not covered by typical state funding
Gateway Community and Technical College Foundation
500 Technology Way, Florence, Kentucky 41042
Amber Decker, Ed. D.