Costs and Financial Aid

Satisfactory Academic Progress

According to federal regulations, if you are receiving financial aid under Title IV programs you must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) in your course of study regardless of whether or not financial aid is awarded each semester.

To receive and to continue to receive financial aid, you must:

  • Earn (pass) two-thirds of all credits you attempt in every term,
  • Maintain a cumulative 2.0 GPA,
  • Have attempted fewer than 150 percent of the credits required for your program of study, and
  • Have completed all developmental hours in fewer than 30 attempted credits.

If, at the end of any term, your financial aid is suspended because you haven’t met these standards, you have the right to submit an Appeal Request. You will find a link for this request on your Student Self-Service.  If the link is unavailable on your Student Self-Service, please stop by the Financial Aid Office to obtain a paper application.